Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Creative Church Conferences

My fourth church conference season is nearly over.  I want to take this time to acknowledge those lay and clergy leaders who responded to my call for some creativity with these gatherings.  I am not a big rule person and love the time I get to share what's on my heart with our churches and to engage in dialogue with what people are thinking and feeling about our ministry.  Here are some of the creative things that have happened this season.

The three Juneau churches held a joint event to highlight their new community youth ministry and for me to lead a Healthy Church workshop.

Soldotna, Kenai, and North Star held a joint event with creative story telling, celebrations, and food.

Ketchikan First and Sitka's conferences were done via Skype.  I will visit Sitka in March to lead a Healthy Church workshop for the church and community.  Next summer I will travel to Ketchikan to experience the community wide Blueberry Festival.

Pastor Tori Hicks of Wasilla Christ First weaved their conference with Sunday worship. 

I continue to be open to new ways of celebrating our connection.  May 2013 be a fruitful year as we lead our congregations and communities for the sake of Christ.

Grace Always,
Dave

No comments: