Monday, December 13, 2010

Northstar, Kenai, Soldotna, Seward and Moose Pass

I usually put about 700 miles on my truck travelling to all 7 Kenai Peninsula churches.  I saw lots of stars, moose and even a coyote on this trip.  I am so impressed with the youth ministry of Northstar UMC in Nikiski.  I spoke with one teen who is sensing a call into ministry!  Here is a clip of their youth praise band.


The big news at the Kenai church was their name change.  From UMC of the New Covenant to Kenai UMC.  The truth is that people in town had called them this for years.  After the conference I had them celebrate this new name with this clip.


It is always good for my soul to return to Soldotna UMC where I pastored and lived for 7.5 years.  I especially enjoyed my stay at the parsonage thanks to the hospitality of Richard and Karolann Whetsell.  Here's a clip of the Soldotna choir after the conference.


Final stop was Seward for the joint conference with Moose Pass.  Pastor Paul Caseman showed me the demolition of the old Wesley Rehab building owned by the Women's Division.


I'll wait to share about my time at St. John and Anchor Park and East until next Tuesday.  As an annual conference we face several challenges but God still comes to bring hope, peace, joy, and love to the people of Alaska.

Grace and peace,
Dave

No comments: